If you’re like many people who wish to immigrate to the U.S., you may find it helpful to talk to a Wisconsin immigration lawyer who’s familiar with the process and who can help you navigate the system.
An immigration attorney can help you file the appropriate paperwork and ensure that it’s all complete (few things are worse than filling out a lengthy application only to have it returned or rejected over a minor error!).
However, that’s not all immigration lawyers can do. In fact, you may find an immigration attorney’s help invaluable if you’re in a situation that you shouldn’t deal with on your own, such as:
- If you’re facing removal from the country. Removal proceedings are serious—and if a judge orders your removal, you could be deported from the U.S.
- If you’re considered inadmissible for any reason. If U.S. law determines that you’re inadmissible for immigration, you could be eligible for a waiver. However, it’s a good idea to talk to an attorney who can explore your options and give you case-specific advice; what works well for one person may not work for another.
- If you’re experiencing significant delays; this can be a sign that something’s wrong with the paperwork you’ve already filed.
- If you’re uncertain about your eligibility for a visa or another type of immigration benefit.
- If you are requesting asylum or you need emergency help.
- If you have been deported but you want to apply to return.
- If you’ve been convicted of a crime and you want to protect yourself from removal.
Do You Need to Talk to a Waukesha Immigration Lawyer?
If you need to talk to a Wisconsin immigration lawyer because any of these situations apply to you—or if you have another concern—please call us today at 414-383-6700, or contact us online to let us know what you need. If we can help you, we’ll begin developing a plan right away.