Immigration Forms in the U.S. - Carlos Gamino

By Carlos Gamino

If you’re considering becoming a citizen of the United States, you’ll have to follow the rules and procedures outlined by the U.S. Customs and Immigration Services department of the government. The USCIS has several forms available on their website, but many people choose to save time (and headaches) by working with a U.S. immigration lawyer in Wisconsin, including Milwaukee and Waukesha.

Immigration Forms in the U.S.

Depending on the reason you’re immigrating to the U.S., such as whether you’re seeking asylum or need a visa through an abused spouse petition, you’ll have several forms to fill out. Your U.S. immigration attorney will be able to help you narrow down the forms you need, prepare you for interviews, and walk you through the entire application process.

It’s important to know that the application process can take a significant amount of time. Your lawyer will be there to answer your questions and help you through the process, though, which many people find is a tremendous help.

Where Can You Get the Forms You Need?

If you’ve chosen to work with a Wisconsin immigration attorney, he or she will help you get the forms that are appropriate for your situation. You may also download the forms from the USCIS website here.

Before you spend your time filling out the forms, make sure you have the right forms—and that you’re eligible for the type of immigration you’re applying for. In many cases, there are limits on the number of immigrants allowed into the U.S. during a given year, and those numbers can vary without notice. That can affect the processing time the USCIS needs for your application, as well.

Do You Need to Talk to a Lawyer About Immigration Forms in the U.S.?

If you need to talk to an attorney about the immigration forms you’re likely to need—or to get help filling them out and filing them—call us right away at 414-383-6700 for a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

Carlos Gamino