Helping Your Loved Ones Get a Non-Immigrant Visa - U.S. Immigration Lawyers

Getting a non-immigrant visa isn’t always easy – anyone who has tried before knows that red tape often gets in the way of what should be a simple process. In most cases, it’s best to work with a Milwaukee immigration lawyer who understands the system (and who can empathize with what you’re going through) so that it’s easier on you and your family.

The Comfort of Having a Milwaukee Immigration Attorney

Whether you have a loved one who’s coming to visit, work or study, having an immigration lawyer by your side throughout the process can be extremely comforting. Working with a lawyer helps ensure the whole process goes more smoothly, because attorneys know which papers to file (and where to file them), as well as what mistakes people most often make that hold up the process.

What a Non-Immigrant Visa Can Do

A non-immigrant visa can provide anywhere from five days to five years (sometimes more) in the US for business, pleasure, or a combination of both. Your loved ones will likely have to meet with a US official at a consulate or at one of our embassies across the world for an interview. Part of the process includes answering questions about the trip: what they’ll be doing, where they’ll be, and whether they have the ability to pay for their expenses during the trip. Sometimes consular officials will also ask about their intent to leave the US once their time is over.

Your lawyer can review all of the necessary paperwork to make sure it doesn’t contain errors that will hold up the process. The sooner your loved ones’ paperwork is filed, the sooner you can all enjoy each other’s company – and a talented immigration lawyer who’s familiar with the system can help you avoid any legal bumps in the road so you can all be together.