Wisconsin Trespassing Charges
Criminal trespass to dwelling offenses in Wisconsin are significant misdemeanor crimes. For example, it can be a crime to enter someone’s home without their permission and disrupt the peace in Wisconsin. If you are criminally charged in Milwaukee, or elsewhere in Wisconsin with a trespassing offense, you need a good lawyer. The criminal defense lawyers in Milwaukee Wisconsin at Gamino Law Offices, LLC have experience defending trespassing offenses, including trespass to dwelling crimes.
- Free Initial Consultations With Criminal Trespassing Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
- Hablamos Español – scroll down to change language
Wisconsin Criminal Trespass to Dwelling Charges
Wisconsin law defines criminal trespass to dwelling as follows:
Whoever intentionally enters the dwelling of another without the consent of some person lawfully upon the premises, under circumstances tending to create or provoke a breach of the peace.Wisconsin Statute § 943.14
The jury instructions provide that in Wisconsin, a person charged with criminal trespass to dwelling may be convicted if:
1. intentionally entered the dwelling of another.Wisconsin JI-Criminal 1437.
2. entered without the consent of someone lawfully upon the premises.
3. entered under circumstances tending to create or provoke a breach of the peace.
4. knew that the entry into the dwelling was made without consent and under circumstances tending to create or provoke a breach of the peace.
* Dwelling means any apartment, room, building, or other structure in which a person makes a home.
* Breach of the peace includes all violations of peace and order. it may consist of an act of violence or an act likely to produce violence. It may consist of profane and abusive language by one toward another. It may consist of acts that put the victim in fear of bodily harm or otherwise disturb or disrupt the peace and sanctity of the home.
What are the penalties for criminal trespass to dwelling in Milwaukee and Wisconsin?
If convicted of criminal trespass to a dwelling in Wisconsin, that is a Class A Misdemeanor which allows for possible penalties including up to 9 months in jail and a fine of up to $10,000.
Why hire our Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer to represent you?
In conclusion, we’re on a mission. Specifically, we want your attorney to be the best Wisconsin criminal defense lawyers in Milwaukee, and all Wisconsin. In particular, we guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! Hence, if police arrest you for trespassing in Milwaukee, or anywhere in Wisconsin, call us right away. Also, if you face investigation or charges in Wisconsin for any criminal offense, including criminal trespass to dwelling, tell police you want an attorney. Demand to see your lawyer before you talk with police. In summary, early intervention by an experienced criminal defense lawyers in Milwaukee makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
Of course, not all criminal lawyers in Wisconsin have great trial skills. Similarly, not every Wisconsin criminal attorney will present a compelling case in court. Moreover, lawyers have differing abilities to negotiate a favorable plea agreement. However, our team of accomplished criminal trial and appellate attorneys demonstrate an impressive record of winning litigation skills. Above all, we work to achieve results for our clients. Further, we excel in criminal litigation – from pretrial motions to court or jury trials, and appeals. In conclusion, with decades of combined experience, we have the knowledge and aggressive ability to get the results you need.
Finally, for more information about a Wisconsin criminal defense attorney in Milwaukee representing clients facing trespassing charges, or about any of our other legal services available, please contact us today! Also, Click here for links to Wisconsin courts, jail inmate locators, and other Wisconsin criminal law info.