Wisconsin Reckless Driving Criminal Defense Lawyer in Milwaukee
Reckless driving offenses in Wisconsin are serious crimes that subject you to severe consequences. It can be a crime negligently drive a car if you endanger the safety of people or property. Evidence that you caused harm to someone while driving in a way that you should have realized created a substantial and unreasonable risk of death or great bodily harm is evidence of reckless driving in Wisconsin. If you are criminally charged in Milwaukee, or anywhere in Wisconsin, with a reckless driving offense, you need tough representation. We have a criminal defense lawyer in Milwaukee Wisconsin at ready to help you with experience defending criminal traffic offenses in Wisconsin, including reckless driving crimes.
- Free Initial Consultations With Reckless Driving Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee, WI
- Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
- Hablamos Español – scroll down to change language
Wisconsin Reckless Driving Charges
Wisconsin law defines reckless driving as follows:
1) No person may endanger the safety of any person or property by the negligent operation of a vehicle.
2) No person may recklessly endanger the safety of any person by driving a vehicle on or across a railroad crossing in violation of s. 346.44 (1) or through, around or under any crossing gate or barrier at a railroad crossing in violation of s. 346.44 (2).
3) No person may cause bodily harm to another by the negligent operation of a vehicle.Wisconsin Statute § 346.62
4) No person may cause great bodily harm to another by the negligent operation of a vehicle.
Wisconsin jury instructions for reckless driving
1) The defendant operated a vehicle on a highway; andWisconsin JI-Criminal 2650, 2652, 2654
2) The defendant operated a vehicle on a highway in a manner constituting criminal negligence; and
3a) The defendant’s operation of the vehicle in a manner amounting to criminal negligence endangered the safety of any person or property; or
3b) the defendant’s operation of a vehicle in a manner amounting to criminal negligence caused bodily harm or great bodily harm to another person
* Criminal negligence means ordinary negligence to a high degree, consisting of conduct the actor should realize creates a substantial and unreasonable risk of death or great bodily harm to another.
What are the penalties for reckless driving in Wisconsin?
If convicted of reckless driving endangering safety or causing bodily harm in Wisconsin, the penalties depend on whether someone was injured. The penalty for reckless driving while
Endangering safety: is a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $500. However, if the total number of convictions in the past 4 years equals 2 or more, then the penalty also includes imprisonment of up to 1 year in the county jail.
Causing bodily harm: is a fine of not less than $300 and not more than $2000, and imprisonment for not less than 30 days and not more than 1 year in the county jail.
Causing great bodily harm: is a Class I Felony. Reckless driving causing great bodily harm subjects you to a maximum of 3 1/2 years imprisonment, including 1 1/2 years of initial confinement and 2 years of extended supervision. It also carries a fine of up to $10,000.
Why hire our Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer to represent you?
We’re on a mission. We want our attorneys to be the best Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer in Milwaukee, and all Wisconsin. Specifically, we guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! Hence, if police arrest you for reckless driving in Milwaukee, or anywhere in Wisconsin, call us right away. Also, if you face investigation or charges in Wisconsin for any criminal offense, including reckless driving, tell the police you want an attorney. Demand to see your lawyer before you talk with the police. In summary, early intervention by an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Milwaukee makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
Importantly, not all criminal lawyers in Wisconsin have great trial skills. Similarly, not every Wisconsin criminal attorney will present a compelling case in court. Moreover, lawyers have differing abilities to negotiate a favorable plea agreement. However, our team of accomplished criminal trial and appellate attorneys demonstrate an impressive record of winning litigation skills. Simply put, we achieve results for our clients. We excel in criminal litigation – from pretrial motions to court or jury trials, and appeals. In conclusion, with decades of combined experience, we have the knowledge and aggressive ability to get the results you need.
Finally, for more information about finding a Milwaukee DUI defense attorney and Wisconsin criminal lawyers, please contact us today! Click here for links to court information, inmate locators, and more Wisconsin criminal law resources.