Milwaukee Internet Crime Defense Lawyer
Wisconsin computer and internet crimes can result in serious criminal charges that subject you to severe consequences. Computer offenses include crimes that use the internet, such as identity theft, child pornography, internet sex crimes, and hacking. If you face criminal charges in Milwaukee or elsewhere in Wisconsin related to an internet or computer crime, you need vigorous representation from an experienced attorney. Find an experienced internet or computer crime Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer at our Wisconsin criminal law firm.
- Free Initial Consultations With Internet Crime Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee, WI
- Flat Fee Agreements and Payment Plans Available
- Hablamos Español – scroll down to change language
Milwaukee Criminal Defense Lawyers Who Defend Internet Crimes in Wisconsin
Wisconsin Internet Hacking Charges
Wisconsin law defines computer crimes, quoted in part below, as follows
Whoever willfully, knowingly and without authorization does any of the following:Wisconsin Statute § 943.70
– Modifies data, computer programs or supporting documentation.
– Destroys data, computer programs or supporting documentation.
– Accesses computer programs or supporting documentation.
– Takes possession of data, computer programs or supporting documentation.
– Copies data, computer programs or supporting documentation.
– Discloses restricted access codes or other restricted access information to unauthorized persons.
Whoever intentionally causes an interruption in service by submitting a message, or multiple messages, to a computer, computer program, computer system, or computer network that exceeds the processing capacity of the computer, computer program, computer system, or computer network.
Possible sentencing consequences when charged with computer hacking in Milwaukee or anywhere in Wisconsin
If convicted of a hacking crime in Wisconsin, that is typically a Class A Misdemeanor which allows for possible penalties including up to 9 months jail and a fine of up to $10,000. However, if computer crime is committed for the following purposes, or results in significant damage, then the penalties are as follows:
1. If the offense
- is committed to defraud or to obtain property then it is a Class I Felony.
- results in damage valued at more than $2,500 then it is a Class F Felony.
- causes an interruption or impairment of governmental operations or public communication, of transportation, or of a supply of water, gas, or another public service then it is a Class F Felony.
- creates a substantial and unreasonable risk of death or great bodily harm to another then it is a Class F Felony.
2. When a person disguises the identity or location of the computer at which he or she is working while committing the above offense with the intent to make it less likely that he or she will be identified with the crime, the penalties may be increased as follows:
- If the penalty for the offense is a misdemeanor, the maximum fine may be increased by not more than $1,000 and the maximum term of imprisonment may be increased so that the revised maximum term of imprisonment is one year in the county jail.
- If the penalty for the offense is a felony, the maximum fine may be increased by not more than $2,500 and the maximum term of imprisonment may be increased by not more than 2 years
Why hire our Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer to defend you against charges of internet crime?
We’re on a mission. We want our attorneys to be the best Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer Milwaukee, and all Wisconsin. Specifically, we guard you, your rights, your reputation, your job, your future, and your freedom! Hence, if police arrest you for an internet crime in Milwaukee, or Wisconsin, call us right away. Also, if you face investigation or charges in Wisconsin for any criminal offense, including hacking, tell the police you want an attorney. Demand to see your lawyer before you talk with the police. In summary, early intervention by an experienced Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer makes all the difference in the outcome of a criminal case in Wisconsin.
Importantly, not all criminal defense lawyers in Wisconsin have great trial skills. Similarly, not every Milwaukee criminal attorney will present a compelling case in court. Moreover, lawyers have differing abilities to negotiate a favorable plea agreement. However, our team of accomplished criminal trial and appellate attorneys demonstrate an impressive record of winning litigation skills. Simply put, we achieve results for our clients. We excel in criminal litigation – from pretrial motions to court or jury trials, and appeals. In conclusion, with decades of combined experience, we have the knowledge and aggressive ability to get the results you need.
Finally, For more information about a state and federal Milwaukee internet crime lawyer and Wisconsin criminal attorneys in Milwaukee, please contact us today! To get information on courts and jails in Milwaukee, and other criminal court resources click here.